Are you caring for a relative child placed in your home by CPS?
- We provide customized services and support specifically for your situation. Call us today to discuss your family’s situation with a Permanency Navigator to learn how we can help: 713.681.6991
- Ready to get started? Sign up for an Information Meeting. If you don’t see a date that works for you, please contact Carrie Shephard at email@example.com for additional options.
When CPS removes children from their home to ensure their immediate safety and protect them from abuse or neglect, they first look for a relative to accept temporary or ongoing care of the child. This is called Kinship Care.
If you have stepped up to care for a child related to you, Arms Wide is here to help. Most Kinship families choose to become licensed foster families. That is because foster families can receive services and financial assistance that are not available through a standard kinship care placement. Arms Wide has over 40 years of experience in helping families in Greater Houston and South Texas navigate the foster care system to become licensed providers. If your child ends up needing long-term permanency with your family, we can ensure your child has support until age 18. Arms Wide is the exclusive provider of our Regions’ Post-Adoption and Post-Permanency services.
By caring for kin, you are giving them the gift of love and care in a familiar setting and offering stability and trust when it is most needed. Many people feel overwhelmed by this unexpected role. However, we can help you understand your options, be your advocate, and hold your hand through the process.
Arms Wide will support you by offering:
- Customized services to meet the needs of your specific family and your child’s case
- 24/7 access to an Arms Wide Coordinator after you receive your license, so that help is always a phone call away.
- Support with documentation, training requirements, and deadlines for foster licensing
- Help that ensures your licensed family is eligible for full benefits and services available, including monthly foster stipends
- Flexible options for orientation and training—including virtual/online
- Education on how trauma and disruption may impact the children they love, and ways to help parent them toward healing
- Coordination with CPS and the court while supporting your family as an advocate
- Connections to resources such as therapy and other referrals when needed
- Guidance through long-term permanency options such as adoption versus PMC
- Post-permanency and post-adoption services here at Arms Wide
Families living in the following areas and counties are eligible for kinship, foster care, and adoption services through Arms Wide:
GREATER HOUSTON AREA:
Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Walker, Waller, or Wharton County
Aransas, Bee, Brooks, Cameron, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, Live Oak, McMullen, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Starr, Webb, Willacy, or Zapata County
Please Contact Us today so that we can learn more about your situation and discuss how we will help.