Corpus Christi, TX Location
South Texas Overview
In 2003, collaborative funding sources allowed Arms Wide Adoption Services, formerly Spaulding for Children, to establish its first satellite office in Corpus Christi, TX. From our base, South Texas staff places children throughout the state’s 19 southernmost counties. Our office serves Coastal Bend and Rio Grande Valley families who are interested in adoption services and permanency support services and live in the following counties:
South Texas Team
At Arms Wide Adoption Services, we begin with the child in mind. Each child is unique and the journey to finding the right family and home can be unpredictable. We expertly guide South Texas, Coastal Bend, and Rio Grande Valley families through the process, connecting each child to the right adoptive family and supporting them along the way and beyond. No matter where the path leads, our team embraces each family with warmth and compassion and holds their hand through the process, whether they are coming for adoption services or permanency support services.
Meet Our Staff
- Kimberly Beck, LPC – Adoption Coordinator
- Delia S. Lopez – Post Permanency and Post Adoption Case Worker
- Michelle Sanchez – Post Adoption Case Worker
- Nancy Torres – Recruiter / Home Developer
Services Offered in South Texas
We are delighted that you are considering partnering with Arms Wide Adoption Services to adopt one – or more – children who need a loving family. The adoption process involves research, counseling and careful consideration related to what is involved when adopting a child who needs a little extra attention. You must possess compassion and an understanding heart to be an adoptive parent. But adoption doesn’t have to be overwhelming – our South Texas adoption team is here to help you navigate the process!
- Getting Started: Here you will find some of the requirements involved in adopting through Arms Wide Adoption Services, in addition to what you and your family can expect during the adoption process.
- Placement: It’s the part of the process Arms Wide Adoption Services staff enjoys the most, and it’s also what we work towards with families from the moment they attend an Information Meeting!
- Adoption FAQs: Questions about adoption? Our staff is here to help. Check out this list of Frequently Asked Questions and answers, but don’t hesitate to Contact Us if you need to know more.
As a leader in post adoption and post permanency support services, Arms Wide Adoption Services understands the completion of the court process is not the end of the road for families. To be successful, families who adopted or were granted Permanent Managing Conservatorship (PMC) of a child(ren) from DFPS are eligible to receive ongoing support, guidance, and resources until the youngest adopted or PMC child turns 18 years old. All services are provided without cost to the adoptive or PMC family. Some services may be limited, as delivery of services is dependent upon the availability of state contract funding. Regardless, our experienced staff work tirelessly to locate community resources to support our children and families.
- Case Management Services: All families receiving permanency support services through Arms Wide Adoption Services will have an individual caseworker.
- Referrals: Referral services are available to any adoptive or PMC family, even those who do not qualify for assistance under the DFPS funded services.
- Residential Treatment: Residential treatment is offered when a child exhibits dangerous acting out behaviors which are so intense and longstanding they cannot be managed at home.
- Support Groups: Arms Wide Adoption Services offers a variety of support groups – both for children and families – through its Post Adoption and Post Permanency Programs.
- Respite Care: At Arms Wide Adoption Services, our experienced staff recognize that parenting can be demanding. Arms Wide Adoption Services’ respite care is designed to provide adoptive or PMC families with relief from the stress of parenting children with special needs.
- Therapeutic Services: Therapeutic services are available to all family members impacted by adoption and permanency as funding from DFPS is available.
- Permanency Support FAQs: Questions about permanency? Our staff is here to help. Check out this list of Frequently Asked Questions and answers, but don’t hesitate to Contact Us if you need to know more.
South Texas News
- November 2017: Corpus Christi, TX employee, Nancy Torres, Arms Wide Adoption Services Recruiter / Home Developer, talks Coastal Bend Day of Giving on KIII-TV 3News, and the important role the day of giving plays in raising awareness of Arms Wide Adoption Services. Check it out here.
- October 2016: Valero Energy Foundation recognized for awarding $14,000 to Arms Wide Adoption Services (then Spaulding for Children) along with a handful of other Corpus Christi, TX charities. See the Caller Times article here.
Arms Wide – Corpus Christi in the News
Arms wide Adoption Services is proud to partner with companies, foundations, and individuals in Corpus Christi, TX and the surrounding areas. These partners generously support our mission to transform the lives of children in need of safe and nurturing adoptive families. They help raise awareness of our programs, like adoption services and permanency support.
- Coastal Bend State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC)
- Texas Gulf Coast Combined Federal Campaign (CFC)
- Coastal Bend Day of Giving
- Coastal Bend Community Foundation
- The John G. and Marie Stella Kenedy Memorial Foundation
- Valero Energy Foundation
- Behmann Brothers Foundation
- Nueces County, TX Commissioners Court
- Agape Ranch
- MCH Family Outreach
- CASA of the Costal Bend
- The Brush County Co-Op
- 18th Annual Grandparents and Other Relatives Raising Children Conference
Contact Our Corpus Christi, TX Location
500 N. Water Street
Suite 604, South Tower
Corpus Christi, TX 78401