Every day, Arms Wide Adoption Services works tirelessly to create better lives for the more than 20,000 children in the Texas foster care system. As May marks national #FosterCareMonth, we can draw special attention to these children in need. We are calling on individuals, families, and communities to become more involved as foster parents, respite providers, and adoptive parents. Together, we can change children’s lives and leave more families fulfilled.
Meet Corey. This 16-year-old loves sports and can play and talk about them anytime, but he absolutely loves basketball. This young man knows his stats and can tell you a thing or two about Lebron James. Besides his passion for basketball, he cares about people. Even though he is a typical teenager who likes video games, pizza, and any type of technology, Corey thinks about others and cares about the people in his life.
You can meet some of our wonderful, adoptable kids here.
Your Gift Can Make A Difference
Here are examples of how your generous gift will impact children and families in need:
- $2,500 provides for the recruitment, preparation, and training needed for one potential foster/adoptive family
- $1,000 provides on average one month of high-quality foster care services for a child in need
- $500 provides one home study for a prospective foster or adoptive family
- $250 provides one child and one parent a weekend therapeutic camp
- $100 provides one day of outpatient treatment for an adoptive child
Commemorate #FosterCareMonth by making a gift. Donate today!
Follow National Foster Care Month
Use hashtag #FosterCareMonth and be sure to check out our social media for some of the latest updates!