Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions, and at all levels of education. Across the United States, a report of child abuse is made every ten seconds. It’s the number one reason children end up in the foster care system. More than 1,000 children right here in the Greater Houston area have experienced abuse, neglect and/or abandonment by their biological parents and are waiting to be adopted. Can you imagine not having anyone to call your family?
2017 Texas Statistics (DFPS Data Book 2017):
The sheer volume of child abuse and neglect in Texas cannot be overstated.
- 174,740 completed CPS investigations
- 63,657 confirmed victims of child abuse or neglect
- 172 child deaths related to abuse or neglect
You can change this devastating reality for children in foster care.
You can provide hope, and ensure they never experience abuse again.
How You Can Help
- Make A Donation Below: We hope you will consider making a generous gift to help transform the lives of children in need of safe and nurturing adoptive families. With your help, we can ensure more children are placed in their forever family, finally feeling the love and security they deserve.
- Join Us April 6th for Texas Go Blue Day: Wear blue to raise awareness of the child abuse that exists in Texas and nationally.
- Share: Be an advocate for Child Abuse Prevention Month by sharing this page with your family and friends and on social media.
Thank you for your support – we know our work to break the cycle of abuse and neglect for children in foster care would not be possible without people like you!